This is a four-part series of blog posts which describe a typical wastewater lagoon rehabilitation. Our hope is that we can provide a little more understanding of how our process works and what to expect. This series will walk you through each step of the process including what needs to happen before, during after your system is installed. Part 1 covers the initial consultation, analysis and what information is helpful to us. Part 2 covers the equipment specification and design of the optimal layout for the aeration system and diffusers. Part 3 covers site preparation, delivery and installation. Part 4 covers ongoing operation and maintenance to reap the maximum benefit of the rehabilitation. So without further ado, let’s get started with part 1.
Collection of project information
When we are contacted by a potential client, we have a few pieces of information we need to obtain in order to work up a course of action and an estimate. These pieces of information include:
- The address of the wastewater lagoons
- Where is the application is located in relation to the lagoons
- Any problems, citations or specific goals for the lagoons or application
- Any site-specific conditions that would affect the installation such as proximity to RV spaces, rivers access or layout of the site
- Dimensions, area, depth, freeboard, slope of the sides and operational layout of the wastewater lagoons. If you have design plans for the lagoons, that helps us a lot
Analysis and Quote
Based on the information you provide us, we will evaluate the size and configuration of the system you need. There may be work that needs to be accomplished prior to installation such as clearing excessive amounts of duckweed.
At this point, we will provide you with a quote for equipment, delivery, installation and beneficial microbes. We will ask for a 50% deposit before moving forward with the next step which is the design of the system and procurement of the equipment.
See Part 2 for information on our design process, equipment procurement and preparation of the site prior to installation.